Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Mundane is Pretty Great

I slacked a tiny bit in updating the kids shop the past week because I wanted to spend more quality time with MY kids.  It seems silly to say because I stay at home, but working from home sometimes prevents me from enjoying them.  Sometimes, actually, all the time, I am behind in my housework, cooking meals, blogging, and listing items in both shops.  I fell behind in these and they took precadence over my children.  I somehow forgot that I stay at home because my husband and I decided that it was important to us that one of us stayed at home for the children.  All families are different, but for ours, this is what we value. 

So, this past week, I wanted to be more intentional with my kids.  I wanted to spend quality time with them, whether it was taking walks, riding bikes, or going on outings.  Thank goodness for my iphone because without the iphone, I don't think I would have any pictures of my kids.  I barely remember my keys, but I never forget my phone!  It's sad that I need to remember to do this because I feel like I should be like this all the time because they grow up so fast.  But, at the end of the day, I just need to ask myself, "Did I love my children and did they feel loved today?"  If the answer's yes, then it was a good day.

Here's what we've been up to:

Taking bike rides and walks around our complex.  That's my daughter's "Smile" face.


This picture cracks me up. 

We visited a children's museum with a new dinosaur exhibit since my son thinks he's a paleontologist.  My daughter was more into dressing up in the museum's dress up gear.
 


And she likes dressing up at home.
 My son got a haircut.  He looks like such a big boy now. :(  Excuse the mess in the background.
 
 
Jonah visited the dentist for the first time.  Pediatric dentists really make it a great experience for the kids now! Jonah loved it!


 Sometimes, being a mom, and particularly a stay-at-home mom becomes mundane in a way.  Raising kids, keeping up the house, feeding your husband all seems just part of a routine and mundane.  But, what a great blessing it is to be able to actually raise your children and watch them grow!  I need to remember this more often so I don't get myself stuck in so many "ruts."  Anyone else feel this way? 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...