Wednesday, September 19, 2012

What Do You Do With Your Bread?

 
 
You know those unpopular bread ends that no one really wants to eat, but you don't want to waste?  What do you do with them?  Sometimes, I make a sandwich out of those for my husband's lunch.  He's never complained, but I'm not sure if he enjoys those sandwiches.  Sometimes, I use those ends to soak up all the fat that comes from grilling fattier meats, like pork.  Or, sometimes, I save them all up and go to the park to feed the ducks, and that's what we did last week!  This idea was taken from a good friend at church.  Why not entertain my kids with the bread ends that no one wants to eat?  They had a blast and this was Jessie's first time feeding the ducks.

 
We found it funny that this trio kept following us around the park.  I kept wanting to yell "Aflac."

 
This is just one side of Heritage Park in Cerritos, CA.  Cerritos is a very well planned out city with gorgeous parks.  That day was very humid because it had rained that morning, which is extremely odd for SoCal weather, so the sky was grey. 
 

 
My children loved feeding the ducks.  I, on the other hand, turn on my worried mama antennas because the kids weren't throwing the bread fast enough and these ducks started waddling and swimming right up to my kids' hands.  I got bit by a goose when I was younger because I tried to hand feed it.  It actually hurt!  So, I was yelling like a crazy mom, "Hurry and throw it!  They're coming!"  As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that I must be a bit more traumatized about that goose than I thought.


 
The great aspect about Heritage Park is that it also has a great playground along with the little pond.  They also have really clean bathrooms, which is an added bonus.  We could have spent more time here if it weren't for the increasingly hot temperature and humidity.  Also, I'm not a fan of the woodchips, and my daughter above didn't appreciate them being stuck to her pants when she stood up after taking the last picture.  (By the way, I didn't tell her to sit, she just did.)  But, despite the weather and woodchips, the kids had a great time and I had fun watching them.  I crack up at the last picture because I have no idea where my son learned to do the double peace sign, which is common in Korea and considered fobby here in America.  These two have such fun and loving personalities and even though they drive me crazy sometimes, at the end of the day, my husband and I share stories about what they did and can't help but laugh. 

2 comments:

  1. We've been going there in the late afternoons to eat a picnic dinner and to let Jacob ride his bike. Next time, call me up so we can have the kids play. =)

    Your goose story cracks me up! I can hear your voice when you say, "they're coming!" hahah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...