Friday, September 28, 2012

They Keep Me Going

All of these pictures were taken on my iPhone, so I apologize for the quality.  But, it's just so convenient to use the iPhone instead of running to grab the camera! These shots really make me smile and help me realize that what I'm doing is worth it.
 

My son calls himself a paleontologist and can name like 100 dinosaurs.
 
I don't know why my younger daughter is the one pushing my son, but they were cracking up.  Whatever works, right?
 
September has been the longest and busiest month for me.  On top of starting the new kids shop, I've been handling the fab.com sale that just ended, adding many new listings in my women's shop, hunting crazily for some more vintage on Saturdays for hours on end, organizing a mini fashion show for a church function, all while functioning on 3-4 hours of sleep per night and not consecutive sleep I may add. 
 
I was on the verge of a breakdown physically and emotionally.  I think I have said the phrase "This is the longest month ever" to my husband at least once every day for the past 2 weeks.  My husband's been working overtime and watching the kids practically on the weekends, so it hasn't been easy for him, either. 
 
But, life is good.  Exhausting, yes, but good.  God has blessed us and provided for us faithfully, and I really should not be complaining.  Everything that I've started this month has been an opportunity to grow the business and I get to do it from my home while watching my kids grow everyday.  My "fashion show" is tomorrow, then I'll be going to an antique flea on Sunday, and happy hour after the kids go down.  I'm definitely ready for September to end and looking forward to what October brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...