Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Family Meal~ Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups




I don't know about other moms, but I struggle with incorporating vegetables into my meals in a way that both my toddlers will actually eat.  Actually, in a way that my toddlers will enjoy as well as my husband.  These turkey meatloaf cups provide servings of vegetables while satisfying my husbands need for a hearty dinner.  My entire family ate this meal very well, served with brown rice and salad.

Also, I love meals that are easy to prep, and this was pretty quick and simple with the use of the food processor.  For me, sticking dinner into the oven allows me time to clean up or play with the kids, so this meal was great!

*I actually made only 6 muffin cups and placed the rest in the loaf pan.  My kids ate the muffin cups and my husband and I had servings from the loaf pan.   

Here's how to make it.  I adapted it from many different recipes, so here's my own recipe. 

Ingredients:
1 zucchini coarsely chopped
1 medium onion coarsely chopped
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Ketchup
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray about 20 muffin cups with cooking spray. 
2. Place vegetables into a food processor and pule until they are finely chopped, but not liquified.
3. Place the vegetables in a large bowl and add the turkey, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, cheese, pinch of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
4. Fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full and top each with Ketchup.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until juices run clear, about 25 minutes for muffin cups.  About 50 minutes for the loaf pan.  Meat thermometer should read at least 160 degrees.  Let it stand 5 minutes before serving.

Please leave a comment if you tried it or want to try it!  Let me know how it goes!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...